23 Ocak 2013 Çarşamba

REVISED JOURNAL 1

REVISED JOURNAL 1

 MY IDEAL UNIVERSITY 

"How is an ideal university like to me?". This is one of the questions that I want to answer. According to my criteria, an ideal universty should provide a wealth of amenities for students including sports halls, recreational areas, proper campus transportation and so on. This is to give students the convenience of using them. Moreover, they should be free so that student can benefit from these facilities suficiently. I think  preparing us for the exam or helping us to get a job should not be the only goal of an ideal university. Other than these aims, an ieal university should make us think powerfully. After our education at the university, we should gain the ability to analyze and to produce new and different ideas. An ideal university should not teach us how we should choose one option over the rest as in exams. Rather, it should teach us life lessons in helping us deal with choices in the future. In short, it should prepare us for the "real life". The next question is whether or not METU is an ideal university. I can say so many things about this topic. Yes, METU is an ideal university. According to my own observations, teachers at METU want to teach us "how we can learn what we need". In other words, we can call that "learn how to learn". We are taught to find the information ourselves, think about issues, search for them, instead of just merely copy and paste what we find. In fact, these skills are what we need to change some things and develop our talents. I have been at METU just for a month, but I think METU's aim is not about teaching us to choose between options in an exam. Rather, its aim is developing the character of its students so that they are ready to face the world next time. The aims of METU complies with my criteria of an ideal university. As I embark on my journal as a METU student ,  I hope growing into a strong individual with qualities that METU would instill in me to face the chalenges of the world at the end of my university years.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder