23 Ocak 2013 Çarşamba

REVISED JOURNAL 2

REVISED JOURNAL 2

BEING A STUDENT AT METU 


When I was in high school, I didn't like METU  and Ankara at all. There was just one option for me: BOSPHORUS UNIVERSITY. I strongly thouht that METU was not appropriate for me. Furthermore, Ankara was not the most ideal of cities for me to live in and continue my education becuse of my its harsh weather conditions. However; as I stepped into METU, my thouhts about METU  and Ankara changed completely. I  now no longer think that I would  regret choosing METU for my education and future.  After  a few days I came to METU, I understood my prejudgments about it were very wrong and nonsensial. I would like to explain this with some examples. Firstly, I am happy to be a student at METU because of the great respect students get here. At the campus,regardless of what position someone is holding and how old they are, everybody is respectful to students. So far, I have never come across any disrespecful behaviour from anyone. Whenever I ask a question to somebody, she /he gives me not only the answer to the question but also some other information about METU  like the location of building , dormitory and so on. Everybody at METU is friendly and very helpful. Apart from these beautiful nature of the peope here, METU also has a splendid campus. It is almost full of trees. Everywhere is green and I can even see  species of birds that I have never seen before. One small problem though is the problem of transportation. Going from  one place to another is sometimes very difficult. More often  than not,  the buses in campus are full. That is why, from time to time, we have to walk to whenever we want to go. Walking can be time consuming and very exhausting given the large METU campus. My other problem at METU  is to find places. At first,all of the places looked the same to me. I got lost many times and have to walk for hours .However, now I'm getting used to this. To sum up, I think being a student at METU , so far, has been superb. And I'm sure that ıt will be the same for the next four years. I'm happy at METU. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder